- SOUTH WEST LONDON
Post Room Operative – Permanent, Nine Elms
Hours: 40 per week, 8am to 5pm Tuesday to Saturday
Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that all requests & enquiries to the Postroom Department (both in person, via email and the Estate App) are dealt with efficiently in a timely and professional manner adhering to SOP’s on every occasion.
- To comply with Health & Safety procedures for Post room operations, adhering to current SOP’s and legislation.
- To assist with the site fire and emergency procedures policy and ensuring relevant preventative measures undertaken.
- Ensure that work areas are always kept clean & tidy reporting any defects immediately.
- To gain a full understanding of the eg.Life App and the logging system within the App used to track all parcels.
- To ensure the Postroom is secured at all times with any unauthorised access challenged & dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- To be a part of the Resort team maintaining the policies, company rules and quality of Ballymore Properties Ltd.
- Meeting and Greeting all residents/ couriers politely on drop off and collection of mail.
- To liaise with the RSM and RD at all times in relation to requests for deliveries to & from the site via the Postroom.
- Ensure the smooth running of the communication systems within the Estate to SOP principles.
- Correct reporting of any security / health and safety issues.
- Correct reporting of any incidents or complaints.
- Receiving and safekeeping of all parcels / registered mail, carrying out regular audits.
- Receipt of all postal & courier deliveries on behalf of residents & the estate, and the safekeeping and recording of same. Registered delivery/ valuable items to be secured in safe, ready for collection.
- Correct issuing of parcels / registered mail as per SOP’s.
- Receipt & Issue of residents’ dry cleaning/laundry ensuring relevant paperwork completed.
- Pro-actively dealing with maintenance and cleaning problems identified within the estate.
- Always maintain a safe environment for all people in the estate.
- Maintain a neat and tidy appearance in the parcel room and all storage rooms.
- Take the appropriate action in the event of an emergency.
- To ensure all relevant correspondence is forwarded without delay to the RSM’s office.
- Be able to give a clear and precise handover at the end of your shift, highlighting all events that happened and forthcoming events.
We operate as an equal opportunities employer.