We have constructed two shaft structures at our Heathwall Pumping Station site. The smaller shaft is located within our cofferdam, a dry working area built into the river. This shaft will transport intercepted sewage from the Heathwall Pumping Station to a depth of 28m below ground. Our second, larger shaft is approximately 47m deep. As well as receiving sewage from the Pumping Station via our smaller shaft, this structure will drop intercepted sewage from the existing sewer at this location. To find out more about what’s happening across the project you can watch our Tunnel Vision series on YouTube.
To facilitate the delivery and operation of a large crane we will be closing a section of Nine Elms Lane on the weekend of the 20-21 August 2022. Read our information sheet here and our flyer. If you have any questions about this or our site at Heathwall Pumping Station please get in touch with our helpdesk on 08000 30 80 80 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our essential work to build London’s new ‘super sewer’ we are writing to let you know about a temporary closure of a section of Nine Elms Lane from 00.01 on Saturday 20 August. This closure allows for the delivery and rigging of a large crane. On Saturday 20 August and Sunday 21 August 2022 (if needed) there will be a
- full road closure along a section of Nine Elms Lane between New Mill Road and Ponton Road
- the footpath on the north side will be closed to pedestrians
- the footpath on the south side will remain open to pedestrians
- Ponton Road and New Mill Road will remain open Transport for London (TfL) and London Buses have been consulted and traffic diversion signs are in place ahead of these works.
For information on bus services during this time, check TfL’s journey planner:
- http://www.tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey Timings
- The road closure will start at 00:01 on Saturday 20 August.
- We will start assembling the crane at approximately 04:00, with the first crane lifts starting at approximately 08:00.
- If work is complete on Saturday – then we will work until 21:00 and reopen the road on Saturday night.
- If we need to use Sunday – working will stop at 19:00 on Saturday and restart at 07:00 on Sunday.
We will aim to have the road reopened by 19:00 on Sunday. We hope that you will not be overly disrupted by these works. Every effort will be made to minimise noise and light disruption in the early morning and late evening. If you have any queries, please contact the Tideway Helpdesk on 08000 308080