The new EGRA Committee are debating the priorities to address this year and will issue a newsletter to residents with more details in the coming weeks. At this stage, the themes being considered mainly revolve around the following:
1. Service Charges & Reserve (Phase 2 staff salary VAT, FY19 costs challenge/settlement, FY20 accounts overdue status, FY21 accounts timing, FY22 costs run rate vs budget, current Reserve Fund position, confirmation of developer funded SCs for voids)
2. Planned/Scheduled Maintenance and less reliance Reactive Repairs (block maintenance schedule, possible handyperson, transparency around turnaround times, imprest stock spares)
3. Energy Management (ECOS RFP input, gas purchasing, heating and cooling issues, filter cleans, HIU servicing)
4. Standard Operating Procedures & Brand Guidelines (setting 5 star resort standards to align us with a Hotel, Soho House, Knightsbridge Apartments, Puregym etc)
5. Fire Safety Proactive Management (FRA reviews, storage on balconies policing, cigarette disposal, green roofs)
6. Maximise use of Resort Amenities (plan for autumn/winter events at Sky Pool, cinema usage, business lounge tech)
7. Promoting “Responsible Neighbour” culture (ASB, pet ownership, damage to communal areas)
8. Improving Security (improving security controls and patrols, potential more CCTV in communal landings, delivery access routes etc)
If anyone is interested in joining the warden scheme, could you please email: email@example.com
We plan to request Wandsworth Council’s planning department include the committee on all planning applications in our area which have been made to the Council. These will be discussed by the Committee, in order to decide whether to support or oppose, and where necessary are brought to the wider attention of Embassy Gardens residents. For current and recent applications, see the ‘Issues – Planning Applications’ page.
With kind permission from EG Management, EGRA has an information board on the wall in the lobbies of Ambassador and Legacy Buildings. Please contact us if you wish to display anything on the board.
Representation on local interest committees
EGRA committee members also represent the needs of the Battersea and Nine Elms on the following committees:
Residents Information Booklet: “Hello! Embassy Gardens. A Helpful Guide to Embassy Gardens Life”
The EGRA committee also plan to produce an Information Booklet called “Hello! Embassy Gardens. A Helpful Guide to Embassy Gardens Life”. This is aimed at welcoming those who may have newly moved into Embassy Gardens.